Monday, June 23, 2014

'SNOWPIERCER' Movie Review

Hello and welcome to my long awaited review of 2014's epic 'Snowpiercer'.

Snowpiercer stars Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, Song Kang-ho, Tilda Swinton, John Hurt, Octavia Spencer and it directed by Korean director Joon-ho Bong.
For those who follow my social updates I saw Snowpiercer while visiting Korea in 2013 and knowing that it's finally getting a US release this month I am strongly recommending anyone reading this review and who lives in the US to see this once it comes out.
Here's why......


First of all let me say that this movie caught me by complete surprise. Watching this to simply waste time I didn't think much about it, it simply felt like an ordinary movie with not much to offer. That's on the outside and by simply looking at the movie poster and to the fact that I knew nothing about it.

The world is frozen and the last remaining members on Earth are on board a train called Snowpiercer. Snowpiercer is about a group of individuals living in a low class society part of a train. They are monitored, watch and just had about enough. Curtis (Chris Evans) leads a group to fight back against the hierarchical injustice that inhabits the train.

Within the first 10 minutes of viewing it gives you a glimpse of the harsh lives people live in and what happens to them if they step out of line. 
We are introduced to characters that play important roles according to their status. Tilda Swinton who plays the main antagonist Mason in my opinion plays an extremely menacing and epic character that I might've seen in a loooooooong time. Her performance blew me away and had me frightened for our featured friends. In my books she deserves an Oscar.

The tone that's set is riveting. The depressing feeling that we start off with feels relatable as we've always wanted to step up for our rights and climb up the corporate ladder no matter what level we are positioned in society.
This film looks absolutely incredible. I give two big thumbs up to the cinematographer involved. Not sure what else I can say that can show my appreciation that I got to see this work of art on the big screen. 
To wrap it up and I can't remember how many times I get to say this but I do strongly recommend you to see this.

Get ready for an epic tale of justice, equality with action and beautiful imagery and thrills.
Snowpiercer is definitely a movie that caught me by surprise and it pushes the limits of what you'd expect it to be.

My rating for Snowpiercer is 10/10


You can also find me on:


LIKED THIS REVIEW? LEAVE A COMMENT AND SHARE IT AMONGST YOUR FRIENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment